Bridges Career Depot
The Bridges Career Depot is a one-stop shop for exploring careers. Use the links at the right to walk you through the steps of discovering what career is right for you, how to find your first job, or to learn more about area businesses.
Businesses — add your jobs by completing an online form, or contact Mary Gottsch at (218) 855-8161.
Job listings change frequently as new job postings are added daily, so continue to check back often to this page.
Parks and Recreation Intern
Primary duties are to assist the Director and/or Recreation Coordinator in coordinating various recreation programs, special events, clinics and youth baseball tournaments, supervising seasonal staff, and perform office duties and related work.
- Must be available as assigned/needed 40 hours each week including evenings
- Assignments may include Rec Aide duties, Scorekeeping/Announcing, Umping (if skilled in that area), Concessions, Program Supervision, Special Event facilitation, Weekend Tournament Maintenance and/or site supervision.
- Plan, organize, implement and evaluate a wide variety of activities, special events and projects
- Supervise program, seasonal and volunteer staff
- Develop initiatives for the Parks and Recreation Department
- Lead activities and fill in for staff when necessary
- Perform departmental tasks, including registration and reservations, answering phone, staffing front counter, monitoring programs, stocking concession stands and soda machines
- Attend weekly staff meeting
- Other duties as assigned or apparent
- Ideal candidates are those majoring in Parks and Recreation Administration or related field
- A valid MN driver's license
- Knowledge of recreation programs and activities including baseball, softball, soccer and volleyball rules, and ability to instruct in these areas
- Must be able to work the entire summer from mid-May through mid-August
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs
- Applicants should be computer savvy, ambitious, and eager to learn
- Ability to work with people of all ages and abilities
Starting pay is $12 - $14 per hour DOQ.
This is an internship (temporary) position between mid-May through mid-August. Work schedule will vary, including days, evenings and weekends and a minimum of 40 hours per week.
To apply: Please go to our website here and fill out the online application.
**First review of applications will occur March 9, 2020.**
Resources for Students
- Understand career pathways
- Choose a career
- Prepare for your first job
- Practice interviewing
- Research local businesses
- Search for your first job
Like the Bridges’ Facebook page to have the job postings automatically feed to your Facebook page.