Lakes Area Career Depot
The Lakes Area Career Depot is a one-stop shop for exploring careers. Use the links at the right to walk you through the steps of discovering what career is right for you, how to find your first job, or to learn more about area businesses.
Businesses — add your jobs by completing an online form.
Job listings change frequently as new job postings are added daily, so continue to check back often to this page.
Perkins in Brainerd is hiring for servers!
The server will:
The server will:
- Provide friendly and efficient service to guests according to company policies, procedures, programs and performance standards
- Perform all duties to maximize guest satisfaction and a quality work environment as directed by General Manager or Manager on Duty
- Reports to work well-groomed, in clean and proper uniform and practices good personal hygiene
- Greets all guests in a courteous and respectable way
- Takes verbal drink and meal orders according to guest preference
- Serves high quality food and checks all orders to ensure they are complete, prepared as ordered, portioned correctly and attractive in appearance
- Monitors and oversees food temperatures during hot and cold handling to reduce the incidence of risk factors known to cause food borne illness
- Maintains cleanliness of his/her stations and pantry
- Performs side work during shift downtime including but not limited to rolling silverware, restocking condiment holders, cleaning work areas, etc
- Executes the service cycle and team responsibilities at all times
- Maintains sufficient knowledge of the menu to execute suggestive selling with all guests
- Writes guest check and/or operates POS equipment pursuant to company policies
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve maximum guest satisfaction
- Communicates with managers and co-workers regarding product/service deficiencies, equipment, safety problems, etc
- All other duties and tasks as assigned
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility
- Must be able to work under heavy stress/pressure during peak times
- Must be able to communicate with guests
- Must lift and carry serving trays weighing up to 20 pounds for distances up to 30 feet
- Requires occasional reaching, bending, pushing and pulling
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold and odors.
- Requires continual standing and walking
- Receives direction and training from the General Manager as to specific procedures and assignments
- Basic skills such as sanitation, safety, and customer service can be taught through in-house training
Type of Opportunity:
Lakes Area Career Depot is coordinated by
and is funded in part by the Initiative Foundation, a regional foundation, and Sourcewell.
Resources for Students
- Evaluate your skills & interests
- Explore local careers
- Research local businesses
- Search for your first job
Watch "I Got a Job!" Videos
Watch "My First Job" Videos
Like the Bridges’ Facebook page to have the job postings automatically feed to your Facebook page.