Lakes Area Career Depot
The Lakes Area Career Depot is a one-stop shop for exploring careers. Use the links at the right to walk you through the steps of discovering what career is right for you, how to find your first job, or to learn more about area businesses.
Businesses — add your jobs by completing an online form.
Job listings change frequently as new job postings are added daily, so continue to check back often to this page.
Perkins in Brainerd is hiring for a kitchen leader!
- Maintaining direction of kitchen staff members to ensure daily goals and tasks are being met
- Performing all duties to maximize guest satisfaction and quality work environment
Position activities and tasks:
- Works with Kitchen Manager to ensure that all budget expenses are within limits
- Keeps General Manager/Kitchen Manager informed of problems and/or issues and proposes alternative solutions for consideration
- Identifies ways to improve and streamline operation
- Maintains a clean and safe facility
- Monitors and oversees food temperatures during hot and cold handling to reduce the incidence of risk factors known to cause food borne illness
- Communicates clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Selects and maintains communication with vendors providing restaurant equipment and supplies
- Completes walk thru and temperature checks in the kitchen
- Assists in ordering food, produce, liquor and restaurant supplies
- Assists in receiving deliveries and checks paperwork to ensure receipt of items and directs staff to stock items
- Extensive standing, without breaks
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depths of 2 1/2 - 3 ft.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided
- Must be able to fit through openings 30" wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Communicating with guests if needed
- Operating cash register
- Carrying trays of food products weighing about 20 pounds for distances up to 30 feet
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
Education level required:
- High school diploma; some college or degree preferred
- At least six months prior experience in hospitality work; culinary education and/or experience a plus
To apply: Please go to our website here and fill out the online application.
Lakes Area Career Depot is coordinated by
and is funded in part by the Initiative Foundation, a regional foundation, and Sourcewell.
Resources for Students
- Evaluate your skills & interests
- Explore local careers
- Research local businesses
- Search for your first job
Watch "I Got a Job!" Videos
Watch "My First Job" Videos
Like the Bridges’ Facebook page to have the job postings automatically feed to your Facebook page.