Bridges Career Depot
The Bridges Career Depot is a one-stop shop for exploring careers. Use the links at the right to walk you through the steps of discovering what career is right for you, how to find your first job, or to learn more about area businesses.
Businesses — add your jobs by completing an online form, or contact Mary Gottsch at (218) 855-8161.
Job listings change frequently as new job postings are added daily, so continue to check back often to this page.
Registered Nursing Assistant (NAR/CNA)
Registered Nursing Assistants are an essential part of the nursing team. They provide direct care for residents that are consistent with each resident’s plan of care and provide a “homelike” environment for the resident. Registered Nursing Assistants must continually work toward the achievement of the goals of CRMC. Quality care and overall efficiency are essential components to this success.
Education and Experience:
- Successful completion of an approved nursing assistant training program and competency evaluation within four months from the date of employment
- Active certification with the Minnesota Nursing Assistant Registry required
- Candidate may prove that he or she has recently successfully completed an approved training program and has not yet been included in the registry
- Effective interpersonal skills - building a positive relationship with residents, coworkers, and others
- Understand the best practices used in providing personal care for residents
- Able to practically apply knowledge of infection prevention, safety principles, and proper procedures to work situations
- Demonstrate care and compassion in all interactions
- Capable of following and carrying out verbal and written instructions
- Proficient observational and reporting skills
- Ability to adapt resources to meet the needs of the situation
- Responsible for the direct care of residents assigned to him/her in collaboration with and under the guidance of the licensed nurse
- Provide care for each resident in a manner that protects and promotes dignity, privacy, self determination, and resident rights
- Offer and respect resident choices in matters of daily routine
- Refer to resident by name of his/her choice
- Report significant resident data and changes in condition to the licensed nurse
- Attend 12 hours of training each year
- Maintain compliance with state and federal guidelines
- Monitor physical environment for safety or fire hazards
- Correct and/or report problems immediately
- Demonstrate Standards of Excellence when other duties are assigned
To apply: Please go to our website here and fill out the online application.
Resources for Students
- Understand career pathways
- Choose a career
- Prepare for your first job
- Practice interviewing
- Research local businesses
- Search for your first job
Like the Bridges’ Facebook page to have the job postings automatically feed to your Facebook page.