Bridges Career Depot
The Bridges Career Depot is a one-stop shop for exploring careers. Use the links at the right to walk you through the steps of discovering what career is right for you, how to find your first job, or to learn more about area businesses.
Businesses — add your jobs by completing an online form, or contact Mary Gottsch at (218) 855-8161.
Job listings change frequently as new job postings are added daily, so continue to check back often to this page.
Environmental Services Aide
To provide a clean, safe, and sanitary environment for residents/patients, visitors, and employees of the Cuyuna Regional Medical Center. Perform duties efficiently with a commitment to quality and excellence.
Education and Experience:
- High School education preferred
- Must have sufficient reading ability to read instructions and chemical product labels and fill out maintenance request
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions, interact with all members of the healthcare team, and respond appropriately to all requests
- Effective interpersonal relationship skills including good listening and communication skills
- Ability to adapt resources to meet the needs of the situation
- Ability to communicate effectively in variety of settings and with a variety of people at different organization levels
- Ability to operate all equipment for this position
- Exercises good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and insight to problem solving
- Adjusts to stressful situations with confidence and good judgment
- Ability to multi task and manage multiple dissimilar projects
- Uses supplies and equipment in a cost effective manner while ensuring safety and cleanliness
- Customer service and communication skills are essential
- Ability to work all shift times within range of normal schedule
- Follow established policies of CRMC and the Environmental Services Department
- Provide a clean, safe, and sanitary environment throughout the facility
- Clean, disinfect, dust, and vacuum all necessary rooms and fixtures within the facility to maintain a clean environment. This includes walls, ceilings, windows, sinks, toilets, exam tables, mirrors, telephones, in all rooms, hallways, etc.
- Operate equipment as necessary to complete tasks
- Replenish supplies (toilet paper, paper towels, cleaning supplies, etc.) as needed
- Empty trash and transport to the dumpster
- Follow safe work practices and utilize personal protective equipment appropriately for all tasks
- Follow all safety rules and comply with all State and Federal requirements
- Maintain open communication with other departments in order to provide quality service for patients, visitors and co-workers
- Demonstrate a Can-Do Spirit when other duties are assigned
- Provide day to day direction to staff in daily operations to include taking calls and redirecting staff to priority tasks
- Ensure quality standards are being met by completing a daily walk through of public and high visibility areas
- Oversee compliance to cleaning standards and performance expectations
- Trains new staff and provide training to current staff as necessary
- Communicate performance concerns to manager
- Assist in the completion of orientation competency evaluations for new employees
- Assist in maintaining stock items and submit purchase orders on needed items
- Assist manager in scheduling including the consideration of schedule requests
To apply: Please go to our website here and fill out the online application.
Resources for Students
- Understand career pathways
- Choose a career
- Prepare for your first job
- Practice interviewing
- Research local businesses
- Search for your first job
Like the Bridges’ Facebook page to have the job postings automatically feed to your Facebook page.