Career Advisor Program
Individualized, small group and classroom interaction offering the following options:
- Personal Learning Plans (PLP): Develop/support creation of PLPs. Provide interests surveys. Identify courses and assist with schedule planning.
- MCIS Assistance: Provide access to career and interest information
- Career Assessment & Occupations In Demand (OID): Utilize interest surveys and confirm skill sets to engage general career exploration, including awareness of occupations in demand, understanding ?career clusters,? and considering a job shadow or internship.
- Soft Skills & Work Readiness: Provide instruction, utilize CareerReady 101 online curriculum. Assist in cover letter/resume/interviewing skills/job application development. Discuss how to present themselves, proper dress, phone etiquette. Provide mock interviews to individuals for small groups and complete critique sheet on the student.
- Post-Secondary School Research & Readiness: Assist students in researching post secondary schools which offer programs in the occupation of interest to the student. Includes setting up college visits, supporting student with application and FAFSA paperwork online. Provide, or assist school, in info materials or meetings regarding FASFA. Accompany students on school sponsored
Criteria for eligibility: School must have contract with Rural MN CEP. Some offerings are only available to 11-12 graders
Participant Type: students, educators
Participant Size: individual, small group, classroom
Location: at High School