Bridges Career Depot
The Bridges Career Depot is a one-stop shop for exploring careers. Use the links at the right to walk you through the steps of discovering what career is right for you, how to find your first job, or to learn more about area businesses.
Businesses — add your jobs by completing an online form, or contact Mary Gottsch at (218) 855-8161.
Job listings change frequently as new job postings are added daily, so continue to check back often to this page.
Office Max in Baxter is hiring for a part time sales advisor.
The sales advisor is a part-time role, providing exceptional customer service by performing duties as cashier, provides logistics support, stocking, restocking, down stocking, inventory control, cleaning the store and protecting company assets. S/he will quickly build and maintain customer relationships and become a trusted advisor by utilizing basic training of Technology products/services and print offerings.
The associate in this role will demonstrate a passion for the brand, technology products, furniture, services, print and other services/products offered to our customers. S/he will utilize Office Depot and Office Max’s proven sales principles to proactively engage customers, in order to drive the sales of our total offerings and properly assess customer needs to ensure satisfaction in every interaction.
Required successful completion of current basic Tech and Print Certification and continued education in these areas. The essential functions of this position may require you to consent to periodic comprehensive background checks conducted by a third-party.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Provides exceptional customer service by performing duties as cashier, provides logistics support, stocking, restocking, down stocking, inventory control, cleaning the store and protecting company assets
- Performs merchandise-related activities to ensure merchandise presentation guidelines are met through implementing plan-o-gram changes and updates, merchandise set and price changes
- Sets weekly ads, including price changes, and any associated updates to store signage
- Follows the established sorting and stocking guidelines and completes freight processes
- Ensures freight sorting area is organized and setup in accordance with guidelines
- Scans, investigates and fills inventory lows and outs daily
- Proactively acknowledges and engages every customer to ensure a positive customer experience
- Utilizes and understands the selling program to promote the sale of the best solution as well as additional product and/or services solutions
- Maintains awareness of planned advertisements and promotions
- Able to evaluate the customer’s needs to determine what additional offerings or services that a customer may need in addition to determining if a customer should be referred to the Contract Sales organization
- Works to develop personal selling skills and specialized product knowledge through sales and service tools provided Drives Technology, Tech Services, Furniture and Print sales by supporting all related current programs, new product launches and special initiatives
- Ensures compliance with company policies, procedures and practices
- Supports company loss prevention efforts
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent education preferred
- Retail sales experience preferred
To apply: Please go to our website here and fill out the online application.
Resources for Students
- Understand career pathways
- Choose a career
- Prepare for your first job
- Practice interviewing
- Research local businesses
- Search for your first job
Like the Bridges’ Facebook page to have the job postings automatically feed to your Facebook page.