Bridge’s Career Depot
The Bridge’s Career Depot is a one-stop shop for exploring careers. Use the links at the right to walk you through the steps of discovering what career is right for you, how to find your first job, or to learn more about area businesses.
Gain Experience Now!
The “Jobs Train” search below offers an easy-to-use listings of paid work (jobs), internships, apprenticeships, service learning projects or volunteer opportunities. Simply search by job category, town and eligible age for each position.
Download the Career Depot App by clicking on one of the graphics below and have your job search always at your fingertips!
These listings change frequently as new job postings are added daily, so continue to check back often to this page. Or Like the Bridges’ Facebook page to have the job postings automatically feed to your Facebook page.
Rave Creamworks Ice Cream Counter Help
Victual is hiring for Rave Creamworks Ice Cream Counter Help!
The ice cream counter help’s primary role is focused on providing exceptional customer service to the ice cream customer. This individual should be enthusiastic about artisan ice cream and be able to accurately and effectively communicate about Rave Creamworks being lactose-free. All employees must be concerned about sanitation and safe food handling as an overall core value. Providing consistent exceptional customer service is paramount to Rave Creamworks and Victual’s reputation and success and is a requirement for all employees. On-the-job training is available.
Reports to: Retail Store Manager
- Wait on ice cream customers; hand scoop ice cream into cups and cones
- Interact with the customer, offering samples, and suggestion selling other items from the store
- Verify/document temperature data from ice cream dipping cabinet multiple times daily
- Make fresh waffle cones
- Assist with making ice cream, inclusions and variegates
- Assist with packaging ice cream in 3-gallon tubs, quarts, pints and single-serving to-go containers
- Represent Rave Creamworks and Victual by sampling products at private, charitable or community events as needed
- Maintains cleanliness of the patio area and restroom
- Maintains the entire work area in a clean and sanitary condition and follows all safety procedures; be willing to clean throughout the work day and at the end of the shift
- Keeps familiar with and observes and supports all store rules and company policies/procedures
- Correctly and accurately operates a cash register
- Answers phones and takes orders for special request items
- Be willing to help out in other areas of the store, where needed
- Water flower planters on sidewalk and patio in the summer season
- At least 16 years old
- Some type of previous work experience preferred
- Excellent and consistent customer service skills with the ability to sell and recognize sales opportunities with customers
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity, humble, making our customers feel comfortable and important
- Outstanding verbal communication skills; outgoing, friendly personality
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Self-motivated to succeed, meet deadlines and follow through on tasks
- Strong attention to detail for accuracy in all facets of the position
- Ability to multi-task effectively, especially during busy periods
- Ability to follow policies and procedures
- Ability to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time