Bridges Career Depot
The Bridges Career Depot is a one-stop shop for exploring careers. Use the links at the right to walk you through the steps of discovering what career is right for you, how to find your first job, or to learn more about area businesses.
Businesses — add your jobs by completing an online form, or contact Mary Gottsch at (218) 855-8161.
Job listings change frequently as new job postings are added daily, so continue to check back often to this page.
ULTA Beauty in Baxter is hiring a beauty advisor!
Ulta Beauty takes great pride in continually searching for passionate beauty lovers, with unique qualities and skills, to join our team. We invite you to submit your application as we may have positions open now or in the near future, depending on current business needs.
The Beauty Advisor is under direct supervision of store management. This individual is responsible for providing an exceptional experience for all ULTA guests by engaging each guest to determine their individual needs, keeping fixtures stocked with merchandise, maintaining overall store cleanliness and completing tasks as assigned.
- Makes eye contact, smiles, and promptly acknowledges and greets each guest entering the store, or guests within close proximity while moving throughout the store
- Offers friendly, knowledgeable and courteous service. Understands that guest service is the top priority and ceases performing tasks when guests are present and in need of assistance
- Determines each guest’s needs and answers questions concerning products and services. If necessary, partners with management to ensure the guest’s needs are met
- While serving guests, recommends additional and complementary products and/or services based on information provided by the guest or items already selected for purchase
- Informs guests of current promotions, events and services within the store
- Is able to serve multiple guests at one time while maintaining composure during busy or peak selling times
- Contributes to the store’s overall sales, conversion goals, and meets or exceeds individual goals
- Helps to eliminate and/or reduce potential theft of product by providing exceptional guest service and maintaining awareness while on the sales floor
- Courteously handles sales, refunds and exchanges. Ensures that the correct price, tax and/or discount are applied correctly to each sale
- Ensures all resets and planograms are executed as directed
- Sets up advertising displays or arranges merchandise to highlight sales and promotional events
- In between serving guests, ensures the store is replenished throughout the day and merchandises all products to company standards on shelves and tables
- Participates in physical inventory preparation, execution and follow-up
- Executes receipt of shipment truck within company guidelines
- Executes other operational tasks as directed by management
- Responsible for overall store cleanliness including restrooms, cashwrap, backroom and sales floor
- Takes the initiative to stay informed regarding new or existing products is knowledgeable about their ingredients and benefits to better serve guests.
- High school diploma
- 1 year relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience
- 1 year retail experience preferred
- Demonstrates a passion for guest service and a competency for selling
- Ability to troubleshoot
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships
To apply: Please go to our website here and fill out the online application.
Resources for Students
- Understand career pathways
- Choose a career
- Prepare for your first job
- Practice interviewing
- Research local businesses
- Search for your first job
Like the Bridges’ Facebook page to have the job postings automatically feed to your Facebook page.