Lakes Area Career Depot
The Lakes Area Career Depot is a one-stop shop for exploring careers. Use the links at the right to walk you through the steps of discovering what career is right for you, how to find your first job, or to learn more about area businesses.
Businesses — add your jobs by completing an online form.
Job listings change frequently as new job postings are added daily, so continue to check back often to this page.
Food Service Worker - Camp Ripley (2023 SUMMER HIRE)
FOOD SERVICE WORKERS
(SUMMER HIRE: Temporary Part Time position 20-34 hours weekly)
Includes a $10.00 Meal Allowance
As a Food Service Worker at the Exchange, you will be a part of an award winning team. We are committed to hiring our military members and their families, along with anyone that wants to give back to those that serve. We offer various food opportunities- from Starbucks to Burger King and everything in between. And by joining us, you’ll be a part of something great- we give back 2/3rd of our earnings annually to the military community.
So what can you expect as a Food Service Worker?
- Greet every customer with eye contact and smile in your authentic way
- Acknowledge every waiting customer as soon as they arrive to the register to let them know you’ll be right with them.
- Listen to customer needs; ask appropriate follow-up questions to ensure you offer appropriate products that meet the specific need of the customer
- Ensure customers have an extraordinary experience while shopping
- Complete transactions accurately and efficiently while engaging customers in appropriate conversation
Joining the Exchange means joining a team that is devoted to you!
EDUCATION: HIGH SCHOOL OR EQUIVALENT. CREDITABLE JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR THE EDUCATION REQUIREMENT ON A 9 MONTHS FOR 9 MONTHS BASIS.
If a sufficient number of qualified candidates do not apply, the minimum qualifications may be lowered without reposting.
- Able to lift up to 45 pounds (occasional lifting over 50 pounds);
- Able to learn and adapt to current technology needs;
- Able to think quickly on the spot to answer customer questions;
- Able to take initiative;
- Able to share brand knowledge;
- Excellent attention to detail,
- Willing to cross-train and work in other areas of the store, as needed,
- Must possess a welcoming and helpful attitude toward customers and other team members;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Basic computer skills;
- Fast food experience preferred
FLEXIBILITY WITH AVAILABILITY
SUMMER HOURS: MON-SAT: 0700AM TO 0430PM; SUNDAY: 0630AM-02:00PM; CLOSED HOLIDAYS
ADJUSTMENTS WILL BE MADE BASED ON MILITARY TRAINING SCHEDULE AND OPERATIONAL NEEDS.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR RELIABLE ASSOCIATES WHO HAVE A PLEASANT PERSONALITY, WORKS WELL WITH OTHERS AS WELL AS INDEPENDENTLY, ABLE TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS AND CAN STAND FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME. MUST BE ADAPTABLE TO HOT AND COLD ENVIRONMENTS. BASIC MATH AND CASH REGISTER EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR DEPENDABLE TEAM PLAYERS WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT SERVING THOSE WHO SERVE.
Basic Hourly Wage: $16.14 plus a $10.00 meal allowance
Apply Online at https://www.applymyexchange.com
Click on HOURLY, click on APPLY NOW, under location, choose MINNESOTA, CAMP RIPLEY, search and all jobs will open
Lakes Area Career Depot is coordinated by
and is funded in part by the Initiative Foundation, a regional foundation, and Sourcewell.
Resources for Students
- Evaluate your skills & interests
- Explore local careers
- Research local businesses
- Search for your first job
Watch "I Got a Job!" Videos
Watch "My First Job" Videos
Like the Bridges’ Facebook page to have the job postings automatically feed to your Facebook page.