Bridge’s Career Depot
The Bridge’s Career Depot is a one-stop shop for exploring careers. Use the links at the right to walk you through the steps of discovering what career is right for you, how to find your first job, or to learn more about area businesses.
Gain Experience Now!
The “Jobs Train” search below offers an easy-to-use listings of paid work (jobs), internships, apprenticeships, service learning projects or volunteer opportunities. Simply search by job category, town and eligible age for each position.
Download the Career Depot App by clicking on one of the graphics below and have your job search always at your fingertips!
These listings change frequently as new job postings are added daily, so continue to check back often to this page. Or Like the Bridges’ Facebook page to have the job postings automatically feed to your Facebook page.
Looking for a fun place to work with great people? Join our Fabulous Team here at the Timberlake Hotel and Timbers Restaurant and Event Center!
Job duties include:
- Prepare coffee breaks, carts, and stations with appropriate food and beverages as stated in Banquet Event Order.
- Prepare tables, action stations, buffets.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
- Ensure courses are cleared and tables are properly cleared.
- Respond to and try to fulfill any special banquet event arrangements.
- Replenish buffet items to ensure consistency and freshness in presentation.
- Monitor tableware to ensure it is presentable to guests.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Bus tables by removing and separating tableware, plateware, glassware, and flatware.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests' service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Support team to reach common goals.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.