Bridges Career Depot
The Bridges Career Depot is a one-stop shop for exploring careers. Use the links at the right to walk you through the steps of discovering what career is right for you, how to find your first job, or to learn more about area businesses.
Businesses — add your jobs by completing an online form, or contact Mary Gottsch at (218) 855-8161.
Job listings change frequently as new job postings are added daily, so continue to check back often to this page.
Server Assistant - Seasonal
Do you aspire to become a professional Food & Beverage Server? Your opportunity is here to work as a team with these skills! A server assistant is a very important role and with great guest service work ethics, the natural transition is to become the Professional Server everyone wants to meet - guest and co-workers alike!
Items that you will learn and if natural for you are a plus:
- Friendly, comfortable with direct eye contact, good listener and communicator
- Flexible, adaptable, willing to learn and a team player to provide outstanding guest service
Essential duties include:
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of the front-of-house, including all tables, chairs, and floors
- Restocks dining room with china, silverware, glassware, condiments, and linens, and maintains adequate supplies
- Greets guests as appropriate after they are seared in assigned area
- Communicates with host/hostess and servers to maintain service efficiency and ensure Guest satisfaction
- Assist servers in serving tables when asked, be a team player
- Bus and turn over tables
- Performs all assigned pre-shift, shift and post-shift duties
- Completes daily and weekly cleaning duties
- Ensures good safety practices
- Promote and support positive working relationships and communication with guests, co-Workers and all departments
Resources for Students
- Understand career pathways
- Choose a career
- Prepare for your first job
- Practice interviewing
- Research local businesses
- Search for your first job
Like the Bridges’ Facebook page to have the job postings automatically feed to your Facebook page.