Bridge’s Career Depot
The Bridge’s Career Depot is a one-stop shop for exploring careers. Use the links at the right to walk you through the steps of discovering what career is right for you, how to find your first job, or to learn more about area businesses.
Gain Experience Now!
The “Jobs Train” search below offers an easy-to-use listings of paid work (jobs), internships, apprenticeships, service learning projects or volunteer opportunities. Simply search by job category, town and eligible age for each position.
Download the Career Depot App by clicking on one of the graphics below and have your job search always at your fingertips!
These listings change frequently as new job postings are added daily, so continue to check back often to this page. Or Like the Bridges’ Facebook page to have the job postings automatically feed to your Facebook page.
Microbial Laboratory Technician
Central MN Renewables is hiring for a Microbial Laboratory Technician!
The Lab Technician grows and analyzes Clostridium sp. fermentations designed to produce bio-butanol and bio-acetone. This position works on a rotating shift schedule.
Laboratory Work (80%)- Set up and monitor lab activities:
- Works assigned 12 hour swing shift including weekends and holidays, will be required to work overtime
- Performs laboratory tests in order to produce reliable and precise data to support fermentation
- Monitors, samples and tests large scale and small scale fermentations
- Accurately measures each component and electronically documents on required template
- Enters results into computer database
- Prepares growth medium and buffers as needed
- Safety and Maintenance
- Constructs, maintains and operates standard laboratory equipment
- Tests lab equipment to ensure all is functioning properly
- Troubleshoots lab equipment when able
- Writes up trouble/maintenance tickets as appropriate
- Keeps lab secure, safe and clean
- Prepares required lab reports, charts and graphs following designated protocol
- Ensures the Laboratory is well stocked and resourced
- Adheres and abides by all safety checks and regulations
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 or 4 year degree in Chemistry, Applied Science, Microbiology, Biology or similar field
- Strong organizational skills to manage and prioritize tasks
- Critical thinking and trouble shooting
- Knowledge of microbiology lab techniques and math skills
- Ability to follow written Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- May need to crouch, crawl, climb a ladder or walk up stairs for sample collection
- Work environment may be hot, cold, loud, humid or slippery, and involve toxic or caustic chemicals
- Experience working with microbiological cultures and use of aseptic techniques
- Pilot or production fermentation experience
- HPLC and GC experience
To apply: Go to our website here and print off the application. Return by mailing or emailing to the address noted on the application.