Bridge’s Career Depot
The Bridge’s Career Depot is a one-stop shop for exploring careers. Use the links at the right to walk you through the steps of discovering what career is right for you, how to find your first job, or to learn more about area businesses.
Gain Experience Now!
The “Jobs Train” search below offers an easy-to-use listings of paid work (jobs), internships, apprenticeships, service learning projects or volunteer opportunities. Simply search by job category, town and eligible age for each position.
Download the Career Depot App by clicking on one of the graphics below and have your job search always at your fingertips!
These listings change frequently as new job postings are added daily, so continue to check back often to this page. Or Like the Bridges’ Facebook page to have the job postings automatically feed to your Facebook page.
Analytical Laboratory Technician
Central MN Renewables is hiring for an Analytical Laboratory Technician!
The Analytical Chemistry Lab Technician performs Quality Control and Quality Assurance roles in a production process. This position works on a rotating shift schedule.
Laboratory Work (70%)- Sets up and monitors lab activities:
- Works assigned 12 hour swing shift including weekends and holidays, will be required to work overtime
- Performs laboratory tests in order to produce reliable and precise data to support product creation
- Secures samples of product in the lab and tests regularly to ensure compliance as listed in production specifications
- Accurately measures each component and documents on required template
- Monitors all product during shift and suggests adjustments to Operations personnel accordingly
- Designates when product is ready for shipment
- Enters results into computer database and makes Certificates of Analysis
- Must follow written Standard Operating Procedures
- Constructs, maintains and operates standard laboratory equipment
- Tests lab equipment to ensure all is functioning properly
- Troubleshoots lab equipment when able
- Writes up trouble/maintenance tickets as appropriate
- Keeps lab secure, safe, and clean
- Answers technical questions about production and purity of bio-butanol and bio-acetone
- Ensures the Laboratory is well stocked and resourced
- Adheres and abides by all safety checks and regulations
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 or 4 year degree in Chemistry, Applied Science, Microbiology, Analytical Chemistry or related field
- Ability to use computers, Microsoft Office and willing to learn specialty software for HPLC and GC
- Analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking, trouble shooting and mathematical skills
- Must be organized and very detailed oriented
- Able to read Standard Operating Procedures and ASTM Methods and process instructions/information
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- May need to crouch, crawl, climb a ladder or walk upstairs for sample collection
- Work environment may be hot, cold, loud, humid or slippery and involve toxic or caustic chemicals
- Previous Quality Assurance/Quality Control experience
- Hands on use of HPLC or GC including operation and maintenance
To apply: Go to our website here and print off the application. Return by mailing or emailing to the address noted on the application.