Bridge’s Career Depot
The Bridge’s Career Depot is a one-stop shop for exploring careers. Use the links at the right to walk you through the steps of discovering what career is right for you, how to find your first job, or to learn more about area businesses.
Gain Experience Now!
The “Jobs Train” search below offers an easy-to-use listings of paid work (jobs), internships, apprenticeships, service learning projects or volunteer opportunities. Simply search by job category, town and eligible age for each position.
Download the Career Depot App by clicking on one of the graphics below and have your job search always at your fingertips!
These listings change frequently as new job postings are added daily, so continue to check back often to this page. Or Like the Bridges’ Facebook page to have the job postings automatically feed to your Facebook page.
Warming House Attendant
The City of Brainerd Parks Department is hiring for a Warming House Attendant.
This is a temporary/seasonal position running from December 2019- February 2020.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Opens and closes warming house buildings and surrounding ice rinks.
- Maintains rink and grounds cleanliness including mopping, sweeping, trash removal and recycling, warming house and bathroom sanitation; performs snow and ice removal of public walks.
- Provides excellent customer service to rink patrons; enforces facility rules and regulations.
- Create a positive and fun recreation atmosphere in the park.
- Be a minimum of 16 years of age.
- Have the ability to work independently and make responsible decisions according to established procedures.
- Be pleasant, energetic, self-motivated and action-oriented in maintaining a safe and clean warming house environment.
- Be able to provide fun and friendly customer relations.
Current pay rate is $10.00 / hour.
*Applicants are required to complete and submit a City of Brainerd employment application. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. All applicants selected will be required to successfully complete a criminal background check prior to employment.
To Apply: Go to our website at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/brainerdmn and fill out the online application, or contact Kris Schubert, HR Coordinator City of Brainerd, by phone at (218) 828-2307, fax (218) 828-2316, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are also available for pickup and can be submitted directly to the Parks and Recreation Department located at 1619 NE Washington Street (Lum Park), Brainerd, MN, 56401.
THE CITY OF BRAINERD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER *Pursuant to MN Statute, seasonal assignments are limited to 67 working days per calendar year or 100 working days per calendar year if the employees are under the age of 22, are full-time students enrolled in a nonprofit or public educational institution prior to being hired by the employer, and have indicated, either in an application for employment or by being enrolled at an educational institution for the next academic year or term, an intention to continue as students during or after their temporary employment.
NATURE OF WORK The City of Brainerd’s Parks and Recreation Department works year-round to offer various programs and activities as well as keeping the city’s parks in great shape for the residents of Brainerd and the surrounding communities. Applications are being accepted for our winter seasonal warming house attendant position.