Bridges Career Depot
The Bridges Career Depot is a one-stop shop for exploring careers. Use the links at the right to walk you through the steps of discovering what career is right for you, how to find your first job, or to learn more about area businesses.
Businesses — add your jobs by completing an online form, or contact Mary Gottsch at (218) 855-8161.
Job listings change frequently as new job postings are added daily, so continue to check back often to this page.
Seasonal Water Patrol Deputy
The Morrison County Government Center is hiring for a seasonal water patrol deputy!
The Water Patrol Deputy's general mission is to provide security and enforcement patrol of area lakes and rivers. This position is responsible for promoting the safety and well being of all users of the waterways within Morrison County through public relations, education and enforcement of local ordinances and statues.
Examples of Duties:
- These examples do not include all possible responsibilities in this position and do not limit the assignment of related duties to this classification
- Patrols area lakes and rivers in water patrol watercraft
- Transports watercraft and tow vehicle between area lakes and rivers
- Provides maintenance of boats, water patrol truck and equipment
- Presents educational talks and classes to the public
- Completes reports
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent
- Experience with the safe operation of watercraft, outboard motor operation and towing watercraft/trailers behind a motor vehicle
- Knowledge of general water related safety
- Knowledge applicable rules, regulations and laws associated with the operation of watercraft
- Current First Aid and CPR training and certification
- Currently possess a valid Minnesota Drivers License
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have social and general intelligence with an aptitude for police operations
- Ability to maintain a calm and professional manner at all times
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing effectively
- Ability to produce complete, clear and concise written reports
- Ability to physically restrain subjects if necessary.
Working Conditions include:
- The Water Patrol Deputy is primarily an outdoor type employment position that requires working in all environmental conditions
- Constantly works alone, with others, around others, customer contact, and with clients with behavior issues
- Exposures may include, but are not limited to, communicable diseases, body fluids, hazardous chemicals, elevated noise levels, and radio frequency radiation
- Works weekends and holidays.
Physical Demands can involve, but are not limited to:
- Physical requirements include the ability to constantly sit, stand, walk, use hands, and arms, and apply physical restraints
- Frequently climb, crouch, stoop , kneel, use fingers, and balance
- Vision (near, far, depth, field of vision, color), hearing acuity, talking, and reading are required on a continueous basis
- Additional physical/mental requirements that occur may not be listed above but are inherent in performing the positions essential functions
Pay: $20.48 - $23.96 Hourly
To apply: Please go to our website here and fill out the application online.
Resources for Students
- Understand career pathways
- Choose a career
- Prepare for your first job
- Practice interviewing
- Research local businesses
- Search for your first job
Like the Bridges’ Facebook page to have the job postings automatically feed to your Facebook page.