Bridges Career Depot
The Bridges Career Depot is a one-stop shop for exploring careers. Use the links at the right to walk you through the steps of discovering what career is right for you, how to find your first job, or to learn more about area businesses.
Businesses — add your jobs by completing an online form, or contact Mary Gottsch at (218) 855-8161.
Job listings change frequently as new job postings are added daily, so continue to check back often to this page.
Seasonal Maintenance Worker
The Morrison County Government Center is hiring for a seasonal maintenance worker!
The Public Works Seasonal Maintenance Worker is under the direction of the Public Work Maintenance Superintendent and supervised by the Maintenance Foreman or Fleet/Facilities Foreman. This position is responsible for seasonal duties as directed by their supervisor, which includes but is not limited to grounds keeping, shop cleaning, running errands, flagging, Traffic Services support, or park/trail maintenance. The Seasonal Maintenance Worker must perform these duties in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with current Federal, State and local standards, guidelines and regulations, established policies and procedures.
Examples of Duties:
- Operate skillfully and safely the necessary equipment essential for maintaining and protecting Morrison County's infrastructure. This includes tractor, lawnmower, weed whip, pickup truck, radio and miscellaneous power and hand tools
- Provide support for Traffic Services as directed
- Conduct maintenance activities on the parks and trails system of Morrison County
- Provide flagging and other assistance during road maintenance projects
- Perform other job duties/project in accordance with Morrison County policies and procedures and as directed by the position's immediate supervisor
- Follow established personnel and safety policies
- Comply with established departmental dress code and safety requirements.
- High school diploma with a Class D Driver's License
- Must have one year of experience operating the above-described equipment
- Must have the ability to read, implement and comprehend operating and maintenance manuals for all equipment
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with fellow employees, government representatives and the general public
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and move materials, etc. often more than fifty pounds, and at times over one hundred pounds
- Requires working in very extreme weather conditions
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to bees, mosquitoes, ticks, insects, animals, poison ivy, poison oak, noxious weeds and all other natural environmental conditions
- Requires working in an environment that may require protective equipment that results in physical discomfort due to fumes, temperature, dust and noise
To apply: Please go to our website here and fill out the online application.
Resources for Students
- Understand career pathways
- Choose a career
- Prepare for your first job
- Practice interviewing
- Research local businesses
- Search for your first job
Like the Bridges’ Facebook page to have the job postings automatically feed to your Facebook page.