Bridges Career Depot
The Bridge’s Career Depot is a one-stop shop for exploring careers. Use the links at the right to walk you through the steps of discovering what career is right for you, how to find your first job, or to learn more about area businesses.
Gain Experience Now!
The “Jobs Train” search below offers an easy-to-use listings of paid work (jobs), internships, apprenticeships, service learning projects or volunteer opportunities. Simply search by job category, town and eligible age for each position.
Download the Career Depot App by clicking on one of the graphics below and have your job search always at your fingertips!
These listings change frequently as new job postings are added daily, so continue to check back often to this page. Or Like the Bridges’ Facebook page to have the job postings automatically feed to your Facebook page.
The basic duties and responsibilities of the Mechanic are to:
- Ensure the overall condition of our fleet of go-carts meet Billy Bones Raceways’ high expectations and standards
- Assist in the maintenance of the surrounding buildings, tracks and grounds.
- Individual to work independently
- Maintain a neat and orderly shop
- Have a critical eye for cart safety and cleanliness.
- Perform static safety inspection and fuel all go-carts located at starter buildings.
- Log into inspection report engine hours.
- Using the backpack blower, remove all of the dirt/debris from the sidewalks and tracks - blowing debris into small piles for easy removal for broom and dustpan.
- Walk track and check for foreign objects, debris & safety concerns that may have been missed during cleaning.
- Start all carts and perform on track portion of safety inspection.
- Remove all carts with mechanical problems to shop for repair.
- Repair carts with mechanical problems from previous days running.
- Perform on track test if required for safety of customers.
- Pull carts as needed from the active line that are due for scheduled maintenance and service.
- Pressure wash fiberglass bodies (top & bottom) on all Scorpion carts.
- Pressure wash chassis on Scorpion and Eagle carts taking care not to get brake lines wet.
- Repair or adjust as required to maintain safety of carts.
- Wax the fiberglass bodies and all exposed metal parts on Scorpion and Eagle carts.
- Return carts to active line clean and fully serviced.
- Maintain shop and all tools in a clean and orderly manner.
- Assist in maintenance of buildings and grounds as assigned by General Manager or Maintenance Supervisor.
Clean up and ready all carts for upcoming season as required and directed.
Repair all carts as needed and perform winterization for off-season storage as directed.
- We are open to the public on weekends starting mid-may and run through the 1st weekend in October (later if weather permits).
- Generally a mechanic is needed a minimum of 5 days per week (includes weekends) for repair and course prep.
- Holiday weekends are REQUIRED, but a few weekends during the season are negotiable with a backup maintenance employee.
- Mechanic job is an average of 40 hours per week and this position can be designed from a mechanic only position (no track/building prep) to a full time position which includes maintenance of the tracks, buildings, and Pirate’s Cove grounds.
To Apply: Email or call 612-245-0047(cell phone) or 218-828-4245 (business) or stop by the 371 location and pick up an application.