Bridge’s Career Depot
The Bridge’s Career Depot is a one-stop shop for exploring careers. Use the links at the right to walk you through the steps of discovering what career is right for you, how to find your first job, or to learn more about area businesses.
Gain Experience Now!
The “Jobs Train” search below offers an easy-to-use listings of paid work (jobs), internships, apprenticeships, service learning projects or volunteer opportunities. Simply search by job category, town and eligible age for each position.
Download the Career Depot App by clicking on one of the graphics below and have your job search always at your fingertips!
These listings change frequently as new job postings are added daily, so continue to check back often to this page. Or Like the Bridges’ Facebook page to have the job postings automatically feed to your Facebook page.
Sow Farm Animal Caretaker
Since 1991, Wakefield Pork has been an industry leader in pork production, operating from south central Minnesota to northern Iowa. As a forward-thinking leader in the pork industry, the Wakefield Pork family strives to deliver a quality pork product that nourishes families across the world.
We are looking for all kinds of employees with different types of experiences. We believe work ethic and strong values are as important as industry expertise.
A Sow Farm Animal Caretaker is responsible for assisting with all daily aspects of swine breeding, including maintaining breeding and farrowing targets, daily artificial insemination (AI) breeding, semen inventory and delivery, piglet and sow care, feeding, farrowing, nutrition, record keeping, and more.
Locations: We have openings in the Fort Ripley & Little Falls area
- Be capable of lifting a minimum of 50 pounds with reasonable accommodation
- Ability to do basic math – addition, subtraction, and multiplication
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Regular, consistent attendance in accordance to schedule agreed upon with manager
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have:
- Ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to move throughout the farm
- The ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb 3-foot gates, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 50 pounds
- Good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp
- Frequently required, for extended periods of time, to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and communicate
- Typically, every 2nd or 3rd weekend rotational schedule
- Weekday hours as available
- All hours are first-shift
- Pay is determined according to applicant’s skill and background of the industry
- Wages are set commensurate with the employee’s skills and experience and in accordance with Wakefield Pork’s wage and benefit policies
To apply: Go to our website and fill out the online application here.